Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Project II for Jewelry

I am pumped about this project. I have been wanting to using a combination of materials combining photography and metal or glass for awhile now and this project gives me the venue to do it. There is a product called liquid light that creates an emulsion layer on a material of your choosing and into that you burn the image you want. I want to create some sort of locket that keeps a precious image close to your body. I think the outside or die form will be copper and the inside plate with the image will be silver. I have mapped it all out in my sketchbook. In the morning I am going to call the local supplier to see if they carry the product, if not I will order it online. I have several different ideas on how to incorporate the image into the form, certain ideas may cause some distortion we will just have to wait and see! I have a back up plan if this blows up in my face. I call it the Anti-vessel, but I am saving that for back up. I can't wait to see how this turns out. I love the idea of wearing a literal image that is important to me. You provide the image, I make them. They make great Christmas presents!

No comments: