Thursday, September 25, 2008

The Social Issue for me is Local Recycling

In my previous post I made a list of social issue that plague our world. For class I had to pick one and focus on what I could design to make a difference with this issue. I picked recycling and narrowed the focus to local recycling as I would like to make a difference in my immeadiate world that affects me most. I chose to focus on Baltimore County Recycling. The main reason people do not recycle is that there is no program in their area or if it is provided it is at a cost. Luckily Baltimore County does provide a free curbside recycle program. The question then becomes, why isn't everyone recycling? It seems to be a matter of attitude. The two main reasons is that it is too hard and it requires too much effort. So my mission is to address what makes it hard to recycle in our area and how I can make it easier without adding any expense. Changing attitude means showing recycling in a postive light with a fun twist rather than as a chore. Check out my new blog to see what I came up with.

http://homemaderecyclebox.blogspot.com/

No comments: