Monday, September 15, 2008

weekend update

After 3 days of a fever of 103 and a miserable existence I am back on my feet. I blew out 3 out of 4 of my die pressings last week. I think because I was a little bit over aggressive, but that tends to be my nature. In adding my brass plates to my die i made a bad cut. The marker tends to smear on the brass, I think i should have sanded it a little first, so I had to alter the design slightly. I wonder if that will make a difference in the pressing. I am going in to try it today.

I would like to add to my bug list, even though this is not a product so much. CUSTOMER SERVICE SKILLS! The Dr.'s office, the cable company, the retail stores. I think it goes back to attitudes, but man people are bad sometimes. Leaving you on hold. Asking me to call my insurance company to figure out the co-pay (lady I'm sick isn't that your job, sure, let me breathe on your phone, HA!) and just a general overall sense of incompetence and lack of caring. It's a rare treat, such as when I went to wal-mart yesterday. The check out girl flagged me to her empty lane even though it was express, she had the items bagged and in my cart before I could finish my credit card transaction, her mannerism were polite and thoughtful. I could have hugged her. CHEERS! To you Miss Customer service lady who does her job well, you are a bright spot in my day.

I loved the post on Scrapper Bikes. What a positive and uplifiting story. Why do we not here about more things like these in the papers in the news??

1 comment:

Jangrrrrl said...

Good post, Anna.

You can edit a previous post- add to it and even change the date---BuG List. It might be helpful to see it in list form when you re-visit.

I so appreciate a positive attitude toward social issues. When I have an experience like the one you had at Wal-Mart, I try to do something for that specific individual- to reward the behavior I'd like to see more of. Is there a social design project here? People like to be acknowledged for their good deeds....is there someone funding initiatives like this that you could connect to/tap into? What about a Pay It Forward concept? Ask Jenn about tis she had an idea. Google Pay It Forwrd.
Like the Scraper Bikes...there is actually a ton of great stuf that human beings are doing...we just don't hear about it if we don't go looking. Why is that? What are some easy ways to change this? Remember we have brainstorming on Tuesday and Thursday of this week.