Sunday, October 19, 2008

At last!!

This cracks me up so I just had to share. Google has come up with Mail Goggles. A program to keep you from drunk emailing. You know we have all been there. After a break up or a bad day at work we have a few cocktails to release some of that bad day and in the process think of all the things we should have said. It has many a night I have taken a girlfriends phone to keep her from drunk texting something I knew would be toxic later. I never thought to lock down her keyboard too. Come to think of it, I could have used Mail Goggles at one point too. A few cocktails in I typed an email to an ex with liquid courage to flow all of the things I should have said. I wouldn't take that email back. I still have it. I saved it to make sure I remembered all the reasons I wasn't in that relationship anymore. Yet it sure would have felt a little stronger to do that sober and fully aware. So Mail Goggles has you do a few math problems in a short period of time if you are emailing between the hours of 10 pm and 4 am on the weekends. Sobriety check point. Officer, I swear I've only had a couple, I can email! So funny! Check out the story http://www.nytimes.com/2008/10/19/fashion/19drunk.html?ref=fashion It makes some very valid points about this type of communication and the testimonials will make u giggle!

No comments: