Monday, October 27, 2008

the vessel

I have been working on my vessel for jewelry project 2. I don't know if the liqid light process is going to be able to come in to play like I want it to. So I have been thinking about other ways to incorporate the image of Groton into my project. I used a sand, rock and shell mix I have from the shore of Groton and pressed into the outer layers of bronze. I have die formed those outer layers. They are turning out well. I am now debating about what to do on the inside. I have a design i will pierce on the front of the outer shell. Yet i still want to be able to incorporate a piece of Groton on the inside. I am thinking about using a small contact print suspended in an epoxy or resin perhaps on the inside. I also am considering the possibility of incorporating one or two of the small shells I have within the internal framing. I really like the image more. Off to more research I go to see what works best.

No comments: